Friday, August 5, 2011

Rough First Day

Today was NOT easy, let me tell you. As someone who eats out most of the time and makes choices like pizza, chicken fingers, fries, and such, eating only fruits and veggies is not only a shock to my system, it's a shock to my psyche. I did it though. Well, it's 9:45 at night and I'm snacking on broccoli, cauliflower and carrots, so I'm almost done with Day 1. I'm hoping it gets easier as it goes. I've pretty much been hungry all day even though I've also been eating all day. It doesn't seem to make sense, but when you add up all my calories, I'm still way under my 1500/day allotment.

I also worked out for an hour and a half this morning, which took a lot out of me. I know in the end, it will be worth it. Food has had control over me for far too long. If I didn't have PCOS, I might not be as concerned about eating the wrong kinds of food, but eventually what I eat is going to be a matter of life and death for me. I'd rather start now before the death part feels any closer! I definitely don't want to get diabetes or heart disease and the only way to really avoid those things is by eating right.

Can you tell I'm trying to pump myself up here? I'm going to need a lot of positive self-talk over the next 39 days. I might honestly come out of this a brand new person. Just 39 more days. I can do this.

1 comment:

  1. *HUGS* The first week or 2 are usually the hardest. Stay strong!!!

    ReplyDelete