Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Mature Follicles on Cycle Day 13

I am on my second round of Clomid, Cycle Days 1-5, 100 mg. I went in on CD11 for my first follicle-check ultrasound on Sunday, but there were not any that were big enough. I had a couple of medium-sized ones on the right side, but the nurse looks for 20mm or bigger in order to give a trigger shot.

DH and I went back for a second ultrasound this morning, CD13. They found two mature follicles! One was 23mm and the other was 18mm. I don't know whether the 18 is big enough to release an egg this cycle, but there's definitely going to be one little eggie released this month! I am so excited!

The most I can ask for each month is for a good chance. Without the Clomid, there's pretty much no chance I could get pregnant. I feel so grateful that the medications are working. There are no guarantees that I will get pregnant this month, but we're doing everything we can. Last night after we made love, I propped my butt up on some pillows and envisioned the sperm traveling up through uterus and the fallopian tubes, meeting the egg when she comes out, and snuggling into her. I know it sounds a little bit silly, but I want to stay positive and visualize the process. I'm hoping that by imagining the sperm meeting the egg, it might help my body to make it happen.

With the trigger today, I should ovulate tomorrow, on CD14. I should know if this cycle worked by Wednesday the 19th. My 34th birthday is the following Sunday, Jan. 23rd. Wouldn't a positive pregnancy test be the most amazing birthday present? I am trying to be less obsessive this cycle. Last cycle, the two week wait nearly drove me insane. And then when I found out I wasn't pregnant, I was depressed and upset. I'm going to do better to keep my hope up. And if my period comes, then we just try again. It's a new year, and I feel in my heart that 2011 is the year I finally get pregnant!

No comments:

Post a Comment