Thursday, January 6, 2011

Ovulation Day

Yesterday was ovulation day. I feel pretty certain of it. Not only did I get the trigger shot the day before, but I also started feeling some pains really low in my abdomen last night. I've never had ovulation pains before, but I'm convinced that's what was going on. I'm still feeling crampy today.

The first time I got the trigger shot, the nurse told me that it often causes stronger ovulation pains. I didn't feel anything that first time, though. This second round, I'm sure that's what was going on last night. I'm thinking it's possibly because I had two mature follicles this cycle instead of one. Maybe they are both releasing eggs! Wouldn't that be exciting! It would definitely increase our chance of having a successful cycle this time around.

Of course, it also gives the possibility of twins. Yikes! Yes, twins are super cute, but the thought of how much time and energy is involved with twins scares the crap out of me. I can't imagine breastfeeding two babies. It would be never-ending! Plus, just thinking about how twins would cost makes me freak out. We're already thinking that one baby is going to put a slight strain on finances. Two would be insane.

But then again, having two healthy babies would be amazing in other ways! Twins always share a special bond that can't be broken. Two babies also would mean instant playmates. If it happens, I'll welcome it! Any positive on a pregnancy test this month would be crazy exciting! My due date would be near the end of September - around September 27th or so. I think that would be a great time of year to have a baby. I wouldn't be 9 months pregnant in the hottest month of the year, plus it's a quiet time usually. Long enough after summer for vacations to be over and school to be back in session, but far enough from the holidays to still be calm and not shopping all the time.

I know I'm rambling, but as I head into the 2 week wait, I get nervous and anxious and can't stop thinking about the what ifs? The 2ww is the worst part. It's the not knowing and wondering if there was anything we could have done differently. I plan to test on the 19th - 4 days before my 34th birthday. A positive pregnancy test would be the most amazing gift this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment