Thursday, December 23, 2010

A New Cycle

AF arrived last night in full force. I barely slept at all. Terrible cramps - possibly the worst in my whole life. Is this a side effect from the Clomid? I'm not sure, but it hurts like hell. All day today, I have suffered from waves of nausea, headaches, cramps, backache, and dizziness. My skin feels tingly and my hands keep shaking. Very strange for a period, but I'm guessing it's a result of what my body has been through this cycle. All the new meds and the stress.

Now, on to a new cycle. I still have to go pick up my next round of Clomid from the pharmacy. I called the nurse this morning and she said that since I had success with CD1-5 Clomid last month, we'll try that again. I go in for my CD11 Ultrasound on January 2nd, which is a Sunday - and on a holiday weekend. I thought for sure they wouldn't actually be there, but she said they are dedicated to catching the ovaries when they are ready, regardless of the day. It makes me feel like I'm in good, caring hands. Hopefully there will be another one or two mature follicles this time around. Some people on the forums at baby center have mentioned having success one month with clomid, then not having mature follicles the next, like it just stopped working. Please, God, don't let that happen to me. I want to at least have the chance for the cycle to be a success.

It's so awful to have AF arrive when I was hoping for a pregnancy. Then, to feel like this on top of it is like adding insult to injury. It feels like being punished for not getting pregnant. I know that sounds ridiculous, but that's the way it feels. I am trying to stay positive and be hopeful for this next cycle. As far as TTC goes, we are still in the early stages. It's definitely not panic time or anything. I am hoping for a healthy cycle this month. And I'm also hoping this icky feeling from today is almost over!

No comments:

Post a Comment