Monday, January 17, 2011

11DPO - Temperature Drop

I'm currently 11 or 12 Days past ovulation. 13 days past trigger shot. I broke down and took a home pregnancy test this morning, and it didn't show even the tiniest faint line. Very disappointing. Also, I've been trying to stay consistent with taking my basal body temperature in the morning. This morning I got a huge drop in temp - from 98 yesterday all the way down to 97.31 today. That's the lowest temperature since before ovulation. It's not looking good for this to be our month.

This weekend I spent some time with my husband's best friend from high school. His wife and I were talking in the kitchen while the guys were working on building a fire in the living room. She told me that her sister was also diagnosed with polycystic ovarian disease when she was in college. Just like me. Unfortunately, her sister had some large cysts that somehow got wrapped around her fallopian tube. I am not sure I got the story right, but she ended up losing one of her ovaries. She's currently on the same medication I am - Metformin - and has had a lot of luck with it. She and her husband aren't currently TTC, but the story kind of threw me for a loop. I think I'm just too emotional to hear that kind of story right now. The thought of losing my ovary or having something going wrong right now scares me to death.

The two week wait is the most difficult part of the process, I think. There's so much hope, yet so much disappointment. I was really hoping this would be our month, and even though I'm not completely out until my period shows, I am losing hope.

I am already thinking about what I'm going to do better next month. I hate to admit, but I have gained a couple of pounds this month. I had gotten down to 173, but now I am back up to 176. In order to get pregnant with PCOS, I know I need to keep my weight down and my sugars under control. My plan for the next month is to lose as much weight as I can. That means taking my pills every single day and on-time, eating less sugar, and working out so that my body can be healthier and more able to sustain a pregnancy.

I will test again on Thursday if my period hasn't shown up yet, but I have a feeling it will be here by then. My birthday is coming up on Sunday. I'll be 34 years old. If my period shows, at least I can have a few drinks on my birthday. I would so much rather be celebrating a positive pregnancy test for my birthday, though. I'm determined to keep a positive attitude for this coming cycle. We are thinking that we will do one more cycle with just the Clomid and trigger shot, then if we still aren't pregnant, we will try IUI. I want to make sure I am as healthy as I can be for taking that next step.

No comments:

Post a Comment