Monday, July 25, 2011

Sudafed

Ugh. I have medicine head.

Saturday, I started having these crazy dizzy spells. Moments where I felt off-kilter and the world seemed to be spinning. Of course, I had a friend who said it was an early pregnancy symptom and part of me got excited. Technically, I'm in the 2WW right now, so it's definitely possible. On the other hand, I know it's such a slim chance, so I hate that it got my hopes up even a little bit.

The dizziness continued yesterday and this morning, so my husband drove me to the doctor this morning. I have fluid built up behind my ear drum, so the doctor thinks this must be the cause of the dizzy spells. Boooo. Lol. She told me to pick up some pure sudafed, 30 mg, and take small doses for the next couple of days until the dizziness goes away. Apparently sudafed is on the approved list of medications for pregnant women (just in case). She also ordered some bloodwork done. Since I've also been feeling tired, she's checking my Vitamin D levels for one thing. I used to be severely Vitamin D defficient and had to go on super pills of 50,000 IU's to get it back to normal.

The check-out sheet also says she ordered a comprehensive chem panel and something called CBC w/Plts. Not sure what that is. I know the Vitamin D test takes like 10 days to get back, so I don't know how long it will be before I hear from her. Anyway, I was a little disappointed that there was such an easy explanation for the dizziness. I was so hoping it was an early pregnancy symptom! Instead, I'm stuck taking sudafed, which I hate. It's supposed to be non-drowsy, but this stuff knocks me on my butt. I just got up from a 2 hour nap in which time seemed to fly by. I seriously thought I'd only laid down a couple minutes ago, and boom, it was already five in the afternoon. Crazy!

On the bright side, I'm going to get some really good rest over the next couple days!

2 comments:

  1. Hey there! Thank u for stopping by my blog today! It meant alot to me to see a new face :) I'm a new follower of ur journey now and wish u nothing but the best! Your picture of u and ur hunny... Y'all look so cute together <3

    Hope ur headaches go away.. :( so did u say the blood work came back saying u aren't pregnant or they didn't say? There could b a chance no?? Either way.. I'm wishing u nothing but positive vibes!! Hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana, thanks so much for visiting my blog. I completely understand how frustrating the follicle checks can be - especially when the nurses aren't telling you everything. Hope you get good news in a few days!

    I haven't gotten the bloodwork back yet. Not sure they even checked for pregnancy as I was going to my regular doctor. Yes, there still could be a chance, but I'm not wanting to get my hopes up since it's a natural cycle. Thanks for the positive thoughts and for the follow!

    ReplyDelete