Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day 1 - Fourth Medicated Cycle

Day one is always such a depressing day. I've gotten several negative pregnancy tests in the past few days, so I was completely expecting this. On the other hand, actually getting my period is tough. Plus, AF just has to bring cramps with her. As if I wasn't feeling bad enough!

On the other hand, it's a fresh start. A new cycle with new opportunities for success. My mantra for this cycle is STAY POSITIVE! Starting today, I'm going to start each morning telling myself that I WILL be pregnant this cycle. I have a really great feeling about this. Like everything is starting to line up for us. I am armed with a new plan and a new determination to be healthy and pregnant. Here's my plan:
  • Drink LOTS of water. No more soda, try to stay away from caffeine as much as possible so no coffee for sure. Keep myself hydrated.
  • Daily exercise. I'm not talking about anything too drastic. If I try to do something crazy like going to the gym everyday or doing two hours of workouts, I know I'd just be setting myself up for failure. What I'm talking about is walking the dog everyday for fifteen minutes. Maybe an evening walk with my husband. I bought the DVD set for the Zumba workouts. I will try to do those workouts a few times a week. The walking is the most important thing, though.
  • Positive thinking. A daily affirmation that I keep with me everyday. Things like "I am going to be pregnant this cycle" and "I'm excited to see my belly growing". I want to picture myself with a healthy pregnant belly and how it will be to have that baby cradled in my arms at Thanksgiving.
  • Take my meds everyday! This is a sore spot for me. I went through so much crap getting used to the Glumetza, and then I just stopped taking my pills the way I was supposed to. It's completely my fault. I just got so tired of a restricted diet and wanted to feel good for a change. This medicine made me feel icky for two straight months and I just snapped. I started only taking 1000 mg a day and sometimes skipping days all together. BAD SARRA! Starting today, I'm back into taking the prescribed 2000 mg every single day, along with my prenatal vitamin. I also need to be taking fish oil supplements, so I am planning to go buy some tonight from whole foods. I know I'll have to go through some icky tummy stuff again, but I think it's obvious that without the meds, I'm going to struggle to get pregnant.
  • Eat right - and often. According to most books and sites about PCOS, eating several smaller meals a day is better than three large meals. In order to keep blood sugar regulated, it's better to eat something every three hours. I am going to stock up on healthy snacks and stick to eating more often.
  • RELAX! We've already booked a little mini vacation to the beach next weekend. Yes, it's February, but it's supposed to be warm. Even if we end up in the hotel room all weekend, it will be nice to get away - just the two of us. I am going to work to reduce stress this month.
That's my big plan for this month. It's a tall order, but I know that having a baby in 9 months will make it all worth it! This will be our fourth cycle on Clomid and our second IUI. This is our month!

No comments:

Post a Comment