Sunday, February 13, 2011

11DPO on Valentine's Day

It's just after midnight, and it's officially Valentine's Day. I'm 11 days past ovulation today, and so close to finding out the results of our IUI. I think I am going to just break down and test early. I already have my hpt ready to go for when I get up in the morning.

So far, my chart is looking promising! My temperature has been consistently rising since ovulation. Usually, my temperature drops drastically on 11 DPO, and I'm a little anxious to see what my temps will do tomorrow morning.

Just in case I haven't mentioned it before, I'm a bit of a nightowl. Okay, I'm a lot of a nightowl! My husband and I stay up most nights until 2am, then we get up around 8am and take a nap in the afternoons around 5pm. It's a strange sleep schedule. One that I'm sure will change once a baby arrives. Heck, a lot of things are going to change when a baby arrives!

The question right now is just WHEN will a baby arrive? I'm hoping for a very happy Valentine's day surprise and a BFP! The only hpt I have in the house right now is one I got from Dollar Tree. It's one of the cassette kinds and lists the sensitivity at 25 MIU. I looked online to see the sensitivities of most early hpt's. Even the most sensitive ones are the same as the Dollar Tree one. I think there are some online tests that you can order that go as low as detecting 20 MIU, but obviously I don't have time to order some by tomorrow.

I've got such high hopes about the success of the IUI. I haven't been feeling any specific symptoms, but I've been feeling calm and happy lately. If AF arrives, I think it will be more disappointing this month than ever before. I'll update the blog tomorrow with the news. It's possible 11DPO is still too early to get a BFP, but I'm going to try it anyway. I'm expecting AF by Wednesday or Thursday, but I really hope I don't see her for 9 more months!!! Wouldn't that be the best Valentine's Day present.

No comments:

Post a Comment