Friday, October 7, 2011

The Most AMAZING News!!!!!

As all of you know, I was scheduled to begin IVF tomorrow. We just found out officially yesterday that there is no need for IVF, because I'M PREGNANT!!!!!!

I am absolutely over the moon excited. I can't even describe to you how I am feeling right now. Grateful. Shocked. Scared. Happy beyond words.

Let me tell you what happened.(I blogged it before, but I'm repeating because I'm exciting!) Two weeks ago, my doctor wanted me to come in so he could check whether I was ovulating on my own or not. If not, he was going to give me 2 weeks of birth control pills before my IVF cycle. If I was, they were just going to let me ovulate and wait for AF to come naturally. I was supposed to go in Monday the 26th for an ultrasound and blood draw. I got a positive OPK on the 22nd and called my nurse, asking if I could come on Friday instead. I just had a feeling I was O'ing a little early and wanted to check to make sure we got the timing right.

When I went in on Friday, the 23rd, they found a large 22mm follie on my left side! I was amazed! Before when they were checking me, I never had a follicle on my own like that. Even with Clomid, we never had such a large, healthy looking follicle. The nurse called me back that afternoon and said that even though my follicle looked good, I didn't have hardly any progesterone in my system. Basically, I had the mature egg, but my body was actually ready to ovulate it. She asked me to come back in and they gave me a trigger shot.

We had some seriously fun and exciting BD'ing that weekend, haha. Still, I wasn't expecting a pregnancy! This weekend as we drove to Hilton Head to see my family, it was raining. I looked over and saw this beautiful rainbow and I just felt in my heart that it was there for me. I felt that God was telling me to stop worrying, that everything was going to be okay. We had the most amazing weekend with my family. Then on Sunday, George woke up and said he'd had this very vivid dream about us having identical twin boys. He told me I should take a pregnancy test when we got home.

Let me tell you, at this point, I had completely forgotten about the trigger shot. It's been since Feb. that I last had one, so I didn't think about it at all. So imagine my surprise when I got a BFP on my pregnancy test that night. I was only 8 DPO and 9 days past trigger. We were exciting and believing I could really be pregnant. Then, I remembered the trigger shot and my heart just fell. Crap! Not a real BFP but a stupid false + from the trigger. Poop.

But George was convinced I was really pregnant. I went out and bought more tests, lol. 9DPO there was still a line, but it looked lighter. I was pretty sure it was trigger leaving my system, but there was a part of me thinking, wow. 10 days after the trigger and it's still showing up? Before, when I tested out my trigger, it was always a stark white BFN by 8 days later, so I had some hope, but was just not sure. I tested again the next morning. Still positive! Hope crept in even more, but I was so scared to really believe! Another darker BFP 11 DPO (12 days past trigger) and I was starting to believe. BUT there was so much doubt. I didn't want to believe it and then have it turn out it was just that stupid trigger staying in my system!

I called my nurse and asked her if it could be the trigger and she said yes. Ugh. Not helping! LOL. She said to come in as planned on Thursday, 12DPO and 13 days past trigger, to get a blood test to verify for sure. If not pregnant, we would have the pharmacy ship my IVF meds.

So, I went in very nervously yesterday morning for the blood draw. Then I waited all day with knots in my stomach. She finally called me yesterday around 1:45 PM. Positive beta at 70!! She said they normally will look for anything 50 or above at 14 days past trigger, and since I was already 70 at 13 days past, they felt that was high and perfect! My progesterone was only 12.6., which she said is a touch low, so they prescribed prometrium as a vaginal insert to help with progesterone.

The news hit my heart like a firework. Like a blossoming bomb of joy. I can't even tell you what it felt like to hear those words. "You're Pregnant!" WHAT?? ME?? No way!!!!! I just can't believe it!! My EDD is June 16th!!! It's one of the greatest joys of my life, and I can't believe after all these months of preparing for IVF, I actually got pregnant without it! It's a miracle!

I honestly feel in the deepest part of my heart that it's all the changes I've made recently that allowed this to happen. Acupuncture, Organic foods, Low glycemic Index, lots of exercise, losing more than 5% body fat. For PCOS, I think this shows that diet and exercise really can make a difference. Nothing is guaranteed, and of course I stll wouldn't have ovulated on my own if it hadn't been for the trigger, but I feel really excited and so incredibly grateful everything worked out the way it did. I can't believe that instead of going in for a baseline u/s and my first stims tomorrow, I'll be going in for a second beta!! I pray with all my heart that the number has doubled by tomorrow morning.

I've been having some definitely cramping. Feels like AF cramps, to be honest, but no bleeding, thank God. My nurse said it's from the low progesterone and the inserts should help. So far, today, not much cramping so hopefully the progesterone is doing its job. Please, dear God, let this baby stick and be healthy!!! I'll update again tomorrow with my new beta numbers!!!!

Can you believe it?? I'M PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!

14 comments:

  1. OMG!!!!!!!! I've been thinking about you these past few days, because from your last post I had a feeling ;) What amazing timing. This was all meant to be, and the plan for you all along.

    Congrats sweetie!! Good luck with beta #2! Hope to join you in a few days...

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS!!!!!! Fingers crossed that everything is looking good beta wise! :) Yeah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!! Congrats again! So thrilled for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!!!! So happy for you! I'll be praying for great news tomorrow:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGGGGGGGG!!!

    So so excited for you!!! Yay yay yay yay!! Ur the second BFP i congratulate today! Lol it's a sign... I love all these BFP's slowly creeping up!! :) so happy for u my dear! Enjoy it. Embrace it!!
    Can't wait to hear more!!!!
    ((hugs!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. AMAZING is right!!! Happy for you beyond words and so glad you get to bypass IVF!!! Congrats to you and your hubby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously, STILL smiling for you Sarra!!! SO happy and I thank God that you will get to experience the joys of pregnancy!!!! BTW, I had TERRIBLE cramping when I first found out I was 4 weeks pregnant. TERRIBLE cramping and I thought for sure I would start my period...never did!! I love you Sarra, SO much!!! Can't WAIT to hear more good news tomorrow!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!! That is a miracle. I thought maybe this was your news after your last post left me curious. So happy for you! Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations - what amazing news :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WHAT?!?! OMG, I am soooooo happy for you!!!! You are an urban legend! :)
    Really, this is such wonderful news. I can't even believe it...thrilled for you. Huge congratulations!!!!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy cow! i am absolutely ecstatic for you! this is such wonderful news. Thinking and praying for you for a healthy pregnancy! :) YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete