Saturday, November 27, 2010

Cycle Day 1 - Clomid Begins!

Today is my first day of full flow period, which means it's my first day of Clomid! I've noticed on the baby center forums that most women are taking their Clomid on CD 3-7 or 5-9. No one seems to be CD 1-5, but that's what the instructions from the nurse say, so that's what I'm doing! I have been taking Provera for 7 days, so now that AF is here, I am off the provera and on to the Clomid!

I am a little nervous about the possible side-effects. Some women have reported having terrible mood swings and cramping and just feeling super tired. So far, I feel fine (considering I'm on my period, haha). Nothing beyond the normal period cramps and bloating and slight back pain. I hope it stays that way! I'm taking 2 50mg pills of Clomid each day for 5 days, then will start taking OPK's every 12 hours starting on CD11. I bought 14 test strips off Amazon for about $5. I have no idea how long it will take or how many tests I will need, but I'm hoping they aren't too hard to read! I might also go to walmart or CVS and pick up the digital OPK with the smiley face, just in case I can't read these others very well.

I feel so nervous that I will make a mistake and ruin my chance of getting PG this cycle. I want everything to go smoothly!

A word about Glumetza: For the first 7 days of taking 2000 mg Glumetza (metformin), I was sick as a dog. Diarrhea, throwing up, constant upset stomach, tired as hell, etc. Thank GOD I am feeling better now. If you are taking any form of Metformin and struggling through it, keep going! Don't give up! This drug has amazing results when it comes to pregnancy success with PCOS as well as helping to prevent miscarriage. It's worth a week or two of feeling like shit! Plus, you WILL come through it. The most important thing, I think, is to eat right. At first, I had a hard time keeping anything down at all. Now, though, I am adding things like eggs and vegetables and fruit into the mix. All I could eat before was plain oatmeal (no sugar) or saltines, lol. The nausea seems to have passed now and as long as I keep my sugar intake relatively low and stay away from things like potatoes and greasy, fried foods, I should feel good from here on out!

I feel so excited to be starting my cycle. There's no way to tell if getting pg will be easy or very difficult, but at least I can know that we're doing everything we can to be successful and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment