Friday, May 20, 2011

2 months, 1 Week, 5 Days

That's the amount of time I have until we start IVF treatments. August 1st is the current plan. That will be the day I begin BCP for 10 days. I've been reading a lot of blogs lately of women who are going through the IVF process. I'm learning so much, but I'm also getting extremely emotional. It's good to know I'm not alone when it comes to dealing with PCOS and infertility. I think it's also helpful to know what I can expect as far as the shots and the medications and the appointments.

There's so much new lingo to learn. Before I started this journey, I had no idea about embryos and follicles and sperm counts and lupron injections. I still feel like I don't know everything there is to know. I have a long way to go and a lot to learn, but I'm getting there. I thank God for women who are blogging about their experiences, so I am going to try my best to blog as well. Even if no one reads this. I think it will help me deal with my own emotions during the process.

Something else I've learned from these blogs is that IVF doesn't always work. Even after all the hope and the injections and the worry. Even after a good number of eggs retrieved and a five day transfer, sometimes it just doesn't work. My doctor said 60% chance of success. I trust him, and I'm extremely hopeful. But I'm also trying to be realistic in my expectations. With such a strong emotional and financial investment, it's hard not to put all your hope into a round of IVF. It's got to be devastating to find out that it didn't work. But at the same time, just think of the joy in finding out that it did work and that there's a little Bittmann bun in the oven!

For the next 2 months, 1 week, and 5 days, my plan is this:
  • Work out and get fit. (We've already joined a gym and I've lost 4 pounds so far! Yay me!)
  • Yoga and other meditation/relaxations. (I bought a fertility meditation from health journeys. I want to listen to it at least once a week.)
  • Learn as much about the IVF process as possible. I want to know my stuff for when the time comes!
  • Stay positive and believe that this is going to be our miracle.
As long as I have some things to focus on and ways to be productive over the next two months, I know I'm going to be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment